[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primaries and Copper

Subject:       Re: Primaries and Copper
       Date:   Sun, 27 Apr 1997 19:41:24 GMT
       From:   robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org (Robert Michaels)
         To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

        The info below is likely to be correct, but I'm much too
        impatient for such a course of action:  Once the copper
        has reached temperature (and I'd say 500 F. may not be
        enough), plunge it immediately into an ice-water bath.

        The annealing of copper is identical in process to the
        hardening of steel.  If steel is heated and quenched, it
        becomes harder.  If copper is heated and quenched, it becomes
        softer.   Such are the mysteries of metallurgy.

                                  Living a tempered existence in -
                                  Detroit, USA

                                  Robert Michaels