[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: balls of flame

Subject:  Re: balls of flame
  Date:   Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:27:38 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 12:29 AM 4/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject:    Re: balls of flame
>  Date:     Sun, 20 Apr 1997 22:24:59 -0400
>  From:     atech-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com
>    To:     Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

>Ball Lightning? I think the '84 IEEE Tesla Symposium mentioned something
>about suddenly swithing the primary current of a resonant three coil
>Tesla
>system 180 degrees out of phase. Ball lightning reportedly appears
>between
>the secondary and 'extra' coil under these conditions. In addition, it
>has
>been suggested that establishing ion acoustic resonant plasma
>(collisionless) on the output electrode is a prerequisite to the
>production
>of ball lightning with Tesla coils.

The Corums put forward this concept and offered photographic evidence as
proof of their work.  The system involved a single primary with two
resonators of different resonant frequencies.  They claimed a minimum of
4
KW was needed to generate the plasmoids.  I am unaware of anyone who has
ever duplicated their work.  They also wrote a separate article on the
precise methodology in TCBA News sometime in 1989 of 1990, I believe.

Richard Hull, TCBOR