[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Coil Design

  Date:
        Fri, 11 Apr 1997 23:12:00 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.mil
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi Malcolm, All,
Interesting article.  I don't understand the sentence:
"This {mutual inductance} can be reduced or eliminated
by proper geometry where the loops overlap each other
such that the net mutual inductance is zero".

Thanks for pointing the article out Malcolm.  I'll
have to study it a bit.

Barry

 ----------
From: "tesla"-at-pupman-dot-com-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
To: Benson Barry; "tesla"-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
Subject: Coil Design
Date: Wednesday, April 09, 1997 12:30AM

<<File Attachment: 00000000.TXT>>
Subject:
            Coil Design
       Date:
            Tue, 8 Apr 1997 15:45:55 +1200
       From:
            "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
         To:
            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi all,
         There is an article starting p.56 of the Jan '97 issue of
"RF Design" on the design on MRI scan coils for near-field coupling.
Although not designed to produce sparks (pity the patients being
scanned :) it is interesting because it discusses coil design issues
which I feel are pertinent to TC's.

Malcolm