[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More Tuning/Debugging

Again, talking about a 14,400v supply:

 > The ideal solution for me would be to place two pigs on line:
 > LV windings in parallel, HV windings in series. This way I
 > could get the voltage without the losses. RQ

Quoting Richard Hull:

> I agree, one of the best setups I ever used was two single
> bushing 5 KVA pigs with the cans tied together and grounded.
> The primaries in parallel and the secondaries were in series.
> This is a sweet setup and very easy to obtain with single
> bushing pigs predominating 100:1 over the dual bushing jobs.

OK, this is almost a done deal (at least as far as the decision
to upgrade by adding a second pig). One question:

I have already wired the LV windings on my pig in parallel (rated
at 120 volts). When adding a second pig is there any reason not
to wire the LV windings on the new unit in parallel to match the
first one, then placing both parallel wired LV winding sets in
series for 240 volts?

A little different from the norm (ha) perhaps, but I can't see
any reason why it should be a problem as long as the phasing is
correct.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12