[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primaries

The triggered gaps I wrote about are from the commercial line manufactured by
EG&G in Salem, MA.  They range in price from $200 to about $800.  This is pretty
expensive for most coilers.  We occasionaly provide engineering samples in
return for test results.  To my knowledge, these devices have never been tested
extensively at 200 kHz.  I have used one on a small coil for over a year without
any signs of deterioration, but the power level is way below where some of you
run.  The gap I use has two inch diameter molybdenum electrodes.  There is a
similar device that uses tungsten electrodes that are impregnated with copper to
improve heat transfer.  These will handle much greater loads.  If anyone wants
copies of the data sheets on the line of triggered and over-voltage spark gaps,
send requests to dll-at-egg-dot-com or nmr-at-egg-dot-com.

Regards
D. Lockwood