[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tank frequency

David F wrote:

> In a neon
> xformer driven tesla circuit (primary), however, I understand that the
> inductance of the neon supply xformer (its secondary winding) has a much
> greater impact on the tank circuits frequency of occilation than the
> relatively measily inductance of the tesla primary coil.  Any comments?

It wouldn't seem likely that the neon xfmr would noticably affect Fpri,
as the L of the neon xfmr is much, much higher than that of the pri coil.
Remember that L's in parallel add just like R's in parallel.
Besides, those fine strands in the neon sec probably could not support
the reactive currents of the pri ckt.

-GL