[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arc length vs pwrRe: Arc length vs pwrRE: Arc length vs pwrRe: Arc length vs pwr

At 04:41 AM 10/9/96 +0000, you wrote:
>From lod-at-pacbell-dot-netTue Oct  8 22:32:36 1996
>Date: Sun, 08 Oct 1995 19:52:47 +0000
>From: GE Leyh <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Arc length vs pwrRe: Arc length vs pwrRE: Arc length vs pwrRe:
Arc length vs pwr

>John Couture wrote:
>
>> I ran your new info thru the JHCTES computer program. For 120 volts, 14 amps
>> = 1680 watts input with a 19.0 mh secondary the program shows 640 watts per
>> foot of spark and an overall efficiency of 31.2%. Your coil appears to be
>> similar to a typical coil with this new wattage.
>

>Can you tell me where the 640 Watts per foot value comes from?  Seems
intuitive,
>but I wonder how well it scales up.
>
>-GL

Greg -

The program gave a spark length of 31.5 inches (2.625 ft) which was what Dan
was getting. This is why I said his coil was typical.

    Watts per foot of spark = 1680/2.625 = 640 WPFS

In the Tesla Coil Notebook there is a graph Fig 7 that shows Percent
Efficiency vs
WPFS and this graph shows 31.2% for 640 WPFS.

Jack Couture