[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Real data from real experiments.

Richard:
	Excellent posts, with results as expected.  By the way,
I have a bunch of those 1800 mike capacitors which I picked up
at local swap meet for two bits each. Wish I had bought all the
guy had, as a prelude to "dangerous capacitor experiments" and
perhaps even a can crusher experiment.  I'm sure they would have
"gone west" after a few discharges, although a magnet charger
here has been using similar capacitors here for years, with only
precaution a big mother diode to prevent reverse voltage when
the current begins to flow out of the charger coil into the
capacitor.  Same swap meet guy had 70 mike, 370 volt capacitors
for same price.  Bought enough to power factor correct a whole
bunch of neons.
	When are you going to try the last experiment in which
you remove the dielectric and see where the charge goes?  That's
one in which I'm not sure of the answer, as I was with the two
you describe here.
Good show!
Ed