[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: multi segment single laye

Tesla List wrote:

> >From richard.craven-at-mkbbs.co.ukTue Nov 19 21:43:22 1996
> Date: Mon, 18 Nov 96 23:10 +0000
> From: richard.craven-at-mkbbs.co.uk
> To: TESLA-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: multi segment single laye

<SNIP>

> I can't afford to do the same to my RSG which is, by the sounds of
> things, almost identical to Roberts' , but I can get some tungsten
> carbide elements to face the s-s rotors and stators with.
>
> Does anyone have some specs for bulk resistivity that they can quote for
> tungsten carbide? I know there are dozens of grades, coatings etc. but
> an approximate figure will do.

Richard,

Tungsten Carbide has bulk resistivity of about 80 microhm-cm versus
about 1.69 for copper, and 5.51 for Tungsten per The Chemical Rubber
Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. If you're using the brazed material,
watch that you don't melt the brazing while running!

Safe gappin' to ya!

-- Bert --