[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor problems

>Quoting Malcolm:
>
>> But the lack of primary current suggests the cap has gone open-
>> circuit??? What about the chokes etc.?
>
>Yeah, sometimes a failed bypass cap will do the same thing. But
>do let us know.
>
>Richard Quick

Richard,

I visually checked the bypass caps (home made, rolled, not in oil) and did
not see any burn marks, soot or damage.  I checked them with the ohmeter and
they look ok.  I don't have any means to do a high voltage test on them.

I expect to get a call from Condenser Products today.  I will let you know.

Ed Sonderman