[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Filter Torroids Question

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996 tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com wrote:
> Actually Jim, I was talking specifically about those toroids that many of
> us have purchased lately from Hosfelt electronics.  These particular toroids
> are plastic coated.  So, they are non-conductive.  I still covered mine with

Plastic-coated means it will take some amount of voltage. The question
might be how much plastic there is? Usually most fettire toroids have
only very thin plastic films not enough for the voltages we are
playing with.

> several layers of electrical tape.  But you are correct, ferrite is a

That's good practice.
--
See "Malin Tunic: Chemistry of structure - function references in cheese" for
further details!