[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ELF-Tesla

>I can document that all of these elements were present at
>Colorado Springs between 1899-1900. Tesla sketched in his notes
>the corona shielding that was required around his patented single
>terminal X-Ray tubes at the extremely high voltages produced by
>his industrial sized coil. Tesla's patent record and the Colorado
>Springs notes show these same type tubes employed as open air HV
>rectifiers when connected to the open end of a Tesla coil. The X-
>Ray beam produced by these tubes was aimed at a heavy conductive
>plate which was then charged to a HV potential with DC. Tesla set
>up a HV insulated mast 168 feet high topped with a conductive
>sphere. He states in the Colorado Springs Notes that the antenna
>was insulated to at least one million volts. By connecting the
>receiving plate of the HV air diode to the antenna it was
>possible to charge the antenna with a HVDC and discharge it
>through the RF system ground that also grounded the coil.
>
>What is interesting is that with today's modern materials and
>designs a functioning system of this type can be built in a much
>smaller area using substantially less input power. Using 5 gallon
>glass bottles of the type used by home brewers (which to be used
>for bottled water) it is quite possible to construct a Tesla
>type, single terminal field emission X-Ray bulb of considerable
>power. My coils already produce reliable HF voltages in excess of
>the one million volts required to operate the largest and most
>powerful field emission X-Ray tubes of this type. Any heavy steel
>plate can be used for the HVDC side of the open air diode. For a
>HV antenna/capacitor a mylar balloon filled with helium (or
>lifted with hot air), and tethered with synthetic line to the
>roof would suffice for the required isotropic HV capacitance.

Hello Richard, this is facinating stuff. Have you published any of your
research in this field? If so, where can it be found? I am interrested in how
you would construct a Tesla type 'X-Ray Bulb' from a resonator system with a
max of 1800 Watt input power. I have a background in Radiation Protection
Technology, so I am familiar with precautions required in dealing with
ionizing radiations. Now, I understand the principles used in modern X-Ray
equipment, but am ignorant of the Tesla designs. If you could enlighten me or
point me in the right direction I would be greatfull, as I am interrested in
doing some experimentation with X-Rays, and constructing such a high voltage
rectifier sounds like an exciting project. One more thing, on a note of
caution: while working with such devises one must be carfull to properly
shield the X-Ray emitter from the scatterd radiation and of course, keep all
body parts out of the beam.
  I hope you of someone can give me some direction with this. Thanks.

David Trimmell <DavidT65-at-aol-dot-com OR dwt-at-efn-dot-org>