[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Formless Coil upate

>One was an Acrylic casting compound called Castolite AP($20 qt). It
>is used for imbedding things in a Acrylic cube. The other wasCastolite AC($21
>qt) same type of stuff, but much longer cure time (and heat), but is
>optically clear. It was meant for casting biological samples.

I was rummaging around a plastics place here in NY last weekend, when I saw
some stuff like this.  I'd be very curious to hear how it performs.  Fiberglass
resin might be a possibility too, though it's pretty brittle by itself...and
talk about fumes!  I'd love to hear what you discover, even from the point of
view of finding the best covering for coils with more typical forms.

Charles Brush