[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Secondary Electrostatic Charge

I found that when I move a fluorescent lamp up and down about an inch from the
secondary winding of my Tesla coil after it has been disconnected from the
mains, the lamp flashes.  This phenomenon will occur for several hours after the
TC has been operated.  The secondary coil is wound with magnet wire on a PVC
tube and heavily insulated with styrene paint (Q dope).  I suspect that this
effect is due to residual charge stored in the secondary capacitance.

If I let it sit for a while after having generated many flashes and seemingly
discharged the capacitance, it recovers.  Any theories about what is going on?