[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor Selection

>>From Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-comTue Jun 18 22:12:32 1996
>Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 13:56:07 -0400
>From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Capacitor Selection
>

>I received another reply from Jeffrey Fielder at Condenser Products
>yesterday.  I had asked him if they want the failed capacitor back for
>failure analysis.  Since this is the first C.P. cap I have heard of
>exploding, I would have thought they would be interested in looking at it.
> He said it would be useful to look at but that I don't have to send it back
>if I prefer not to.
>
>I had also asked for a quote on a .025 mfd cap rated at 25 kv Tesla tank
>circuit operation.  His reply is that 20 kv is the largest they make in the
>.025 value.  What he sent was his standard price list for capacitors designed
>specifically for Tesla coil application.  The next voltage step up from 20 kv
>is 32 kv and they only make .005 and .01 mfd caps in this rating.
>
>By the way, the standard price for a .025 mfd, 20 kv unit is $207.00 which
>includes freight.
>
>Ed Sonderman

Ooops! Sorry about the premature reply. I hit the wrong button :o

Ed, The cap you mentioned is the same one I have homed in on. If still
possible I would like to order with the group. If not I will go ahead
a order direct.

Thanks....Bob

==  If you understand, things are just as they are.        ==
==  If you do not understand, things are just as they are. ==