[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Faraday cage

The coarsest "chicken wire" you can get at the hardware store
should work just fine.  As long as the thing is spaced several
coil heights away from things, as I'm sure you'll do, my guess
is that 6" openings wouldn't make much difference.  What you
are building is a shielded cage, Faraday or otherwise.  It
contains the ELECTRIC fields from the coil.  The conducted noise
on the power line must be handled by a line filter.
My experience here is that most of the interference is to the
broadcast band, and there's surprisingly little of it.  The
TV interference I've seen is almost negligible.  All of this
is without any kind of shield at all.
Ed Phillips