[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Theory self-C

Tesla List wrote:

> >From richard.craven-at-mkbbs.co.ukThu Jun  6 22:08:26 1996
> Date: Wed, 5 Jun 96 22:15 +0000
> From: richard.craven-at-mkbbs.co.uk
> To: TESLA-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject: RE: Theory self-C

big snip

> What I argue is that the external influencing factors vastly
> swamp the measured values of self-C and whether you use C=Hd
> or one of the other empirical formulae (all of which are
> based on the C of an isolated cyclinder), the fact that no.
> of turns, turns spacing etc are ignored doesn't matter.
>
> Richard Craven, England.
> ---
>  CMPQwk #1.42-21 UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY

Richard,

I agree!  It has been my experience that most coils rarely exhibit more
than 20pf, maximum.  Most of our smaller resonators show about 11-15pf
self C.  The proximity of anything will throw this value off of its real
value.  In most air wound coils, the self C is just another non-issue.
The terminal capacitance is the real source of tuning capacitance for a
larger system.

Riochard Hull, TCBOR