[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: help

>>From ZODAPOP-at-aol-dot-comTue Jul 30 22:00:36 1996
>Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 23:17:10 -0400
>From: ZODAPOP-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: help
>
>HAS ANYONE TRIED TO BUILD THIS COIL?
>I am having trouble with the IRF511  burning up

I have not worked with solid state Tesla coils because I believe the
best coils are made the simplest way, no solid state.

>The boys in the electrionic shop do not like the driver
>They say it could be a lot better.
>

>I have a 15000 volt neon-at-60ma.
>can this coil be salvaged to go with it?
>Or do i start over?

This transformer will work fine but I wound build a protection
circuit for it - RF chokes....etc.

[snip]
>Question :
>Building your own tesla coil is about as difficult;
>
>A. as baking your first cake
>B. rebuilding your first automobile engine
>C. A final exam on "Nuclear Fusion as it relates to Electro-
>   dynamic Variations in Adjacent Ferrous Materials as
>   Opposed to Standard Electromagnetic Pulses"
>
>( The answer is A )

Okay but you will have to grow your own wheat and grind it into flour,
milk a cow, and candle eggs!

Bob Schumann

==  If you understand, things are just as they are.        ==
==  If you do not understand, things are just as they are. ==