[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My post on quote

Tesla List wrote:

> >From ed-at-alumni.caltech.eduTue Jul 23 22:01:28 1996
> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 17:44:59 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: My post on quote
>
> "  The memory of Tesla's
> best achievements is only sullied by the hangers-on, wanna-bes and
> word-salad producers often associated with "tesla technology".
>         Absolutely true.  Those folks are just plain nuts, along
> with a lot of others these days.  I get a kick out of reading stuff
> from the free energy guys and the flying saucer nuts, etc, but
> there's a limit.
>         I agree that Tesla coils are just for good clean fun, like
> many other activities we engage in.  When someone starts asking
> "what do you want to do that for?" you know you've lost him (or her)!
> The wife here indulges Tesla coils, muzzle-loading guns, model
> airplane engines (except jets), and lots of other things.
> Ed Phillips

Ed,

My wife is also long suffering and tolerant ( one of the reasons we are
still married).  I also am gun enthusiat and have photography, stamps,
element collections, robotic stuff, computer collections etc., etc,.  All
of which the "old gal" puts up with.

A story about my wife's first and only Tesla shock involves the newly
built lab at my home here in Richmond.  I had "Nemesis" in an early stage
of refinement.  My wife used to feed me from a rear window of the house
which opens into the lab.  She would pass a bowl of soup and a sandwich
through the open window so that I could continue to work and eat.  On one
occassion, I was about the fire "Nemesis" as she was about to open the
window.  Neither of us knew of the other's intent and so Nemesis roared
into action at about 8KW and an arc leaped 9 feet to the aluminum window
frame and then 6" into the house to my wifes approaching hand!  She was
totally unharmed, but very miffed to say the least!  I have never
received another soup and sandwich dinner in the lab since that day!

The Tesla coil wife (read Tesla widow) deserves a lot of credit just for
stayin' with us!!

Richard Hull, TCBOR