[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Power Supply question (Again?)

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Hello All,
     I posted this inquiry a few days ago, but I'm not sure if it was this
     list or USA-TESLA's list, so here we go again.

     I made a few transformer purchases from the local bone yard.  Along
     with a few neon sign transformers, a microwave power supply, and a
     static-neutralizing transformer, I found a device with the following
     characteristics:

     Tektronix  Type 210 High Voltage Power Supply

     With the following connections:

     + REG :   tied to case(ground)
     - REG

     P   \
     B+   -  Supply power inputs (?)
     G   /

     The above are all ceramic insulated split terminals.

     The outputs are ceramic insulated buttons in increasing size:

     -2.1KV
     +3.3KV
     +6.6KV
     +10KV

     The physical dimensions are as such:  Approx 8" tall X 5" dia.
     It looks like an automotive "Super Coil"

     This is an oil-filled device with a rubber bladder inside that vents
     to the outside.

     The inputs connect directly to the D-shaped-core coil.  The secondary
     is more complicated: several resistor "packages", 3 6000KV .005uF
     caps, and 3 vacuum tube (YES, in oil!).  All of the filaments are