[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CAP EXPLOSION

Tesla List wrote:

> >From scotty-at-wesnet-dot-comMon Jul  1 22:11:33 1996
> Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 11:38:00 -0400
> From: Scott Myers <scotty-at-wesnet-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: RE: CAP EXPLOSION
>
> Hello Gentlemen,
>
> I've been listening to the conversations about the capacitor explosion.
> I felt I must address this issue before Condenser Products discontinues
> making these caps because of this issue.
>
> --Stepping onto the soapbox--
>
> First, a reminder.  Tesla Coiling is a VERY DANGEROUS HOBBY.  How easy that
> is to forget.  You only get one mistake while coiling.  After that, you're
> worm food.  Sorry for being so coarse, but it is a fact that we must accept
> as Telsa coil hobbyists.
>  situation develops.

Ultra-snip....  The mother of all snips!

> I am not taking sides here.  I just don't want to lose CP as a source for capacitors.  While
> this is a bad situation and I don't envy Richard or Ed, I think it is important to keep
> in mind that these are only two instances.  I have heard much more good about CP than bad.
> As a matter of fact, these are the first I have heard of bad news about their caps.  It might
> be good to contact Ed Wingate ansd ask his opinion before continuing.  I think I may have
> to do exacly that.
>
> Scott Myers

Here, here!  Three cheers for Scott!  Well said indded.  (see my post)
I posted my response to all this prior to reading this excellent
commentary.

What he said only double..

By the way, Wysock is partial to the old Hippotronics Co.  (may have gone
under but used to make primo units for extra giant bucks!)

Richard Hull, TCBOR