[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Teslas wireless power

Hello to Richard Hull and all others:

I have been following your discussions and waiting around to see what
would evolve. There seems to be a strong dividing line on the
subject of power transmission and most would rather steer clear of
the subject.

I too have been researching the Tesla theories for a number of years
and continue experimenting with various Tesla coils.

At 12:25 7/26/96 -0600, you wrote:

>I try and steer clear of speaking about what I know little or nothing
>about.  I have investigated in a rather loose way the idea of
>transmitting energy using a Tesla coil.  You can make some impressive
>demos, but the efficiency just isn't there using normally transmitted
>resonance.  Even the supposed ground currents which Tesla relied on
>didn't pan out for me!  Although they proved better than the "RF method".
> Both the RF and Ground method ought to obey the inverse square law.  The
>RF method seemed more lossey than even this mathematical relationship and
>the ground method approached the law more firmly.  This is not distant
>transmission of lossless energy which Tesla claimed.

I have been conducting tests using the earth only, as the propagation
medium at a very low power and have discovered that the inverse square
law is not valid. It appears as if the received signal is linear. This
was a surprise and we have been trying our best to determine if the
tests were in error.

>I have my doubts about Tesla's system, but haven't given it a fair or
>thorough test yet and must hold my tongue until I have more emperical
>data.  A lot of understanding Tesla's wording is at the crux of
>uncovering certain secrets he reserved to himself.  I have noted this
>peculiarity from my research into his notes versus his public statements.

>For a long time, the Shumann Cavity Resonances were touted as Tesla's
>method, but the Corums recent work now looks like this is out and true
>ground transmission might be the method.  I must reference their talk at
>the 1996 ITS  conference.  Again, I'm not big on wireless transmission of
>power and think it a probable Tesla false vision.

(snip)

>His system for power transmission was never fully finished.  If it had
>have been we would either be hailing his name from the roof tops now or
>else realizing that he mentally "lost" it soon after 1899.  Too Bad.  I
>would have liked to have been able to definitively called him one of the
>best minds of an age or a charlatin!
>

>Richard Hull, TCBOR

I would be glad to send copies of the transient and spectrum analysis
recorded concerning the linear attenuation and your comments would be
greatly appreciated.

Also I too would be interested about the Corums work and wonder if it would
be possible to further my education on the subject. Private email is fine
if this would be more suitable.

Many thanks to a great group

Charlie
Elfrad Group