[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: List scope

In a message dated 96-01-24 11:45:56 EST, tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com writes:

>To: tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com
>Subject: List scope
>
>Re: Scope of this list
>Chip:  You set the rules and we'll follow them, of course.  To
>me sparks are sparks and HV is HV, and most of the guys I know
>personally who have built or are building TC's also have done
>work with various forms of electrostatic generators, so it
>seemed to me to be a legitimate subject for discussion.  Have no
>idea what it means to have this extra traffic on the list, but
>would be interested in your views as a guide as to what is and
>what is not extraneous noise.
>Best regards,
>Ed Phillips
>
>[ Ed,
>
>Perhaps now is a good time to open public discussion on the desired scope
>of this list.  It appears that there are more than a few people interested
in
>HV.  I like to think of myself as being reasonable and open to suggestion.
>However, I also do not want to have the list decay into something that ends
>up wasting people's time with discussions on topics that are not related to
>the list that they signed up for.
>
>So, the question goes out to the list members.  What is the general
>consensus?
>

>Chip ]

Chip,

My opinion, anything related to Tesla or any of his work.  Also various high
voltage devices and discussions.  I agree, most of us have probably built (
or would like to build) other devises such at Van de Graff generators.

There certainly is a lot of discussion on this list that I am not interested
in.

Ed Sonderman