[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pigs

Well, fellow pig coiler aspirants...I might have finally struck the mother
lode in the Baltimore, MD. area!  While calling demolition companies
looking for HV transformers, I was given the name and number of an
auction house that handles the local Gas and Electric company surplus
auctions.  When I called for more information, I was told that  the
auctions take place about 45 minutes from where I live every 5 weeks
and they have CT's, PT's, distribution transformers, etc... "all the time".
 What really got me excited was when they said that depending on
who's there buying and what they're selling, the transformers could go
for anywhere from $20 to $70!  Even if they're off by a factor of 2, that
still seems like a great deal to me.

Their next auction is Wednesday Feb. 28 (one whole month away -
AAAAAUGHHHH!), and I will most definately be taking the day off and
going to see what's available.

Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)