[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

first arc

just fired off the coil my son and I have been building.  First try didnt
take, but after closing the spark gap distance a little it took off great.
 We got good  5 - 6 inch sparks with a point type dischaarge, but when we put
our torroid on we could only get 3 -4 sparks with a good corona with 6 - 7
 inches of seperation.  We haven't tried to do any tuning other than with the
fan speed adjuster we're using  on the front side of the xformer .  Anyway it
is way cool, and we can hardley wait to do some more woek on and with it.
 rich gramy