[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

secondary forms

Hi Guys!
 I see that RF wise PVC is not so good as a secondary coil form (I myself
have been using sonotube at first then PVC). Could you use a  long cylinder
with a layer of Mylar or Poly on it, then wind the coil over this, coat it
with epoxy (Polyureathane), let dry, remove the long cylinder (and possibly
the Mylar or Poly), and then coat the inside with more epoxy. Now all that
should be left is a coil held togeather with epoxy, no other form, no PVC. If
there was enough epoxy it seems like it would hold togeather. Please let me
know the + and - of this idea, I am sure someone has thought of this already,
but I am curious.

                                     Kevin M. Conkey