[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tank Circuit Wiring

 * Original msg to: Se-crawshaw-at-wpg.uwe.ac.uk
 * Carbons sent to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting SE-CRAWSHAW-at-wpg.uwe.ac.uk:

> I remember you posting that there was no inherent difference in
> tank circuits with the cap or gap across the HV except the Gap
> across HV was easier on the PS. Why is this? Would you
> recommend that I change my system to this?

With the spark gap across the line it acts as an extra safety gap
during overvoltage conditions (kickbacks, flashovers, etcs.).
Also the gap shorts the transformer outputs when the tank circuit
is firing. This reduces the amount of RF that is present in the
HV windings on the PS.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12