[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Heat from pig resistance.

<< Ed:
 	Just wanted to mention that I also use the oven elements in parallel
 with my welder.  I have never even tried the series arrangement, I guess
 for two reasons.  The first being that I also thought the voltage drop
 wouldn't help performance and the second reason was that I got such good
 results with the parallel connection.  I used two 2200 watt elements
 that I wired in series with themselves, then one element only and then
 the two both in parallel with the welder.  A single element in parallel
 with my welder gave the best spark length and this was really easy to
 see, without any doubt in the results.  There has already been a number
 of poosts on the facts surrounding this type of results so I won't again
 dive into that stuff.  Since this was working I never needed to try the
 series arrangement.  A bit off subject from your question, but I hope it
 is of some interest.

 Chuck Curran >>

Chuck,

My system also worked best with the elements in parallel until I reconfigured
the primary components and wiring.  I should try different combinations of
elements in parallel before I go out and buy some new resistors to use in
series.  Unfortunately, I am probably going to have to wait for spring.

Once again, what size is your coil and how much power are putting in?

Ed Sonderman