[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Higher Voltage Pole Pig

Hi Jim,

>     Will you be able to scope your TC primary during this run?
> I've still not gotten any confirmations or denials on the outrageous
> numbers for my pig/rotary/cap test that I posted awhile back. (sorry
> my mail reader ate those posts, I can't reference them)

I won't have time. I still have to screen and equalize the scope
probe. But I suspect your figures are probably realistic. If you can
ring a secondary capacitance of a few 10's of pF to 1/2MV or more,
you would have the energy available to ring up chokes bearing
similar capacitances to similar levels. The primary scoping is on
the list of "things I have to do and should have done ages ago" :(

Malcolm