[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla - DC

Tesla List wrote:

> >From armitage-at-tiac-dot-netMon Aug 26 21:22:47 1996
> Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 22:24:39 -0400
> From: Graham Armitage <armitage-at-tiac-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Tesla - DC
>
> Just to add a note here regarding the recent discussions on the charging of
> the toroids. I repeated several of the experiments suggested and found it
> really easy to charge a capacitor or even just another toroid by suspending
> just out of arcing distance of the Tesla.
>
> I also noticed on the scope that when I ran the Tesla near the probe -
> connected to toroid (not too near) the discharges were all in the negative
> direction. Definitely very interesting and needs a lot more investigation.
>
> My 2 cents worth...
>
> Graham

Graham,

Glad to see you are experimenting.  There is a lot to understand here.
The negative charge is indeed normal.  Using an electrometer, I have
detected rapid negative charges on balls up to 30 feet away.  This is
pointing to non-ionic tranfer.  Up close, like you detected, ions are the
main factor and supply real power as I have noted and you have confirmed.
 I have found that my little 20 watt coil can charge a cap with an
effective DC impedance of about 100,000 ohms.

I will post some more info as I uncover more data.

Richard Hull, TCBOR