[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High frequency impedance of a neon sign transformer

Hi all,
         The trends in neon transformer impedance seen at the
secondary terminals are well noted and I think Ed and Scott are spot-
on in this.
    To the end of filtering, I did a few measurements a couple of
days ago on a filter lashed up on the workbench (connected to the
transformer. The chokes were PVC hookup wound in a single layer on
several ferrite rods. The caps were 440pF barium titanate per leg.
With no damping, I measured a Q of 30!!! Damping resistance is
obviously a must.

Malcolm