[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary wiring broke

I was winding a 6-5/8" o.d. form and the wiring snagged on the spool
and broke. I had my hand on the form so luckily I didn't end up with a
rat's nest of wire. The form now has 18-7/8" of wire on the form but I
was winding for 26-1/2".

I soldered the wire back together, and hammered it some and filed it
some and it actually looks fairly decent. After laying it back on the
form it is hard to tell where it was pieced back together. Except for
the shiny bare wire of course. My question is, should I finish winding
out to the end with this repaired wire or just saw the form off a
little above the break and end it here? I was thinking that the spark
might want to break out at the repair since that will be the weak spot
in the wiring.

Alan

* KWQ/2 1.2i *
--- Silver Xpress Mail System 5.4W1b

* KABOODLE BBS Scenic Calhoun GA 1:133/3003 *