[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New ground rods

 * Original msg to: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

Quoting Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com (Ed Sonderman):

> Yes, I did see Mark Barton's post on inductive ballast.  It's
> good to see we were on the right track.  Maybe this winter I
> will have time to try making something like this.

Yeah, I am going to have to build one too eventually.

> The best idea I have heard so far for the iron is welding rods.
> They would be precut to length and easy to use. They usually
> are relatively soft, are they the soft iron that we want or are
> they just mild steel?

I am not clear on this one yet. Are we talking arc welding rods?
The arc welding rods I am familiar with are about 18 inches long
and are coated with flux. I think they are mild steel.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12