Re: Neon Transformer Questions


	I was interested by your trip to Midwest Neon Supply. I have read 
that much larger trnasformers are used in the manufacturing process for 
neon signs. They are called "bombarding" transformers and are used to 
remove impurities from the neon tube by heating it with high currents. The 
book I have suggests that 20kV at .2-.5 amp was not uncommon! 

	Do you know if Midwest Neon Supply sells these kinds of 
transformers? These transformers might be an alternative to pole pigs 
for some people if the windings can stand the abuse of a tesla coil.