[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Materials

Well, I have (finally) finished cutting and grooving my plexiglass
supports and I'm ready to put them on a base and wind the primary!
This brings up the question as to what to use for the base?  I was
planning on using 3/4" BC grade plywood, and I was wondering if this
would be good (I wouldn't use any nails or screws, just epoxy) or
whether it would be worth the extra expense to buy a 2.5' x 2.5' piece of
plastic to mount the primary?  And if plastic is really that much better,
how thick should it be to provide good support (this will be used as a
test bed for my 4" and 6" secondaries).

God willing and the creek don't rise, I should be testing my new coils at
1kVA in my basement, and around 2kVA in my garage (that's where I
have the 220V I can get to) Real Soon Now!  I also have a lead on a
surplus 15kV, 3kVA potential transformer, which will open up a whole
new can of worms!

Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)