[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Q's and Spark Gaps

Malcom:
	I have determined that, while the 30 seconds of
"growth" time was a correct observation, most of the
effect appears to be due to change in primary tuning
due to (warming up) of the ceramic "door knob" capacitors
I am using.  Can't detect the warming by touching them,
but once they are (warm?) the sparks increase to maximum
length in a matter of a second or so after I apply the
power.  Also, in this particular case, the primary frequencyh
frequency measured with an absorption wave meter changes from
about 260 kHz to 280 KHz, which goes along with the capacitance
change.  More if I can measure more.
Ed