[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: resonance clarificati

 -=> Quoting Tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com to Tesla List <=-

 Te> Newsgroups: tesla.list

 Te> From tesla Tue Apr  4 13:36 MDT 1995
 Te> Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 13:36:41 +0700
 Te> From: tesla
 Te> To: tesla
 Te> Subject: resonance clarifications

 Te> The hook up was as follows:

 Te> SCOPE-probe---3
 Te> 3
 Te> 3  <-- Secondary
 Te> 3
 Te> 3
 Te> Signal gen ----

 Te> Note: Only one wire was connected to the generator output, even though
 Te> there are two output jacks on the generator.

 Te> The secondary has no top or bottom at this time.  It is just a
 Te> solenoid with no "top" capacitance.

 Te> How would I check for linearity?  Do you mean constant amplitude for a
 Te> range of frequencies?

 Te> I don't know about the output voltage.  I assume that there is
 Te> probably very little current flowing.

 Te> The signal generator has a 75 Ohm label above the outputs.

 Te> Chip

 MG> Hook it up this way and tune the generator for a DIP in the waveform
 height:

                     OOOOOOO <---Toroid
                        3
                        3 <----Sec.
                        3
                        3
                        3
                        3
 to scope <-------------3---/\/\/\/\/\------------------------> to generator
                              ^ 1000 ohm carbon resistor
   scope  <---------------------------------------------------> generator
   ground                                                         ground

     Keep your body and all other objects away from the coil and terminal
    by a distance at least equal to the secondary height. The lowest freq.
    dip will be the correct secondary frequency, the operating frequency
    will usually be about 10 to 15 khz lower. The dip will be quite sharp
    and deep, so tune the generator slowly. The grounds of the equipment
    connect together but no ground to the coil.

                                Mark Graalman TCBA# 1399

... Alias, Mark the spark
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12