[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RF chokes

Hi, Steve,
I,m curious about this question as well. I'm working on my first coil and I dont particularly
care to burn anything up since I'm on a tight budget. I found a source for
RF chokes at a local shop that repairs welders. It seems that certain welders
have spark gap assemblies (usually 1 pair) and RF chokes as well. I haved
actually laid eyes on a spec sheet yet, but I'll let you know what I find
out.
This all brings up another question for me. Are these chokes required to
protect certain components (the primary trans.) or are they just to keep from
screwing up the neighbors TV set? I've heard implications of both now, but no
solid answers. The search for knowledge continues.

                          Mark Napier