[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Homemade Crookes tube does emit X-rays [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Homemade Crookes tube does emit X-rays

-----Original Message----- From: Paul B. Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:37 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Homemade Crookes tube does emit X-rays

Correction!

*No, not exactly the same. I got an even "5 mR/Hr" reading from the 24 inch
fluorescent tube. My homemade cathode ray tube got varying readings: 0 at
the anode end, 20 mR/Hr in the middle of the tube, and about 5 mR/Hr at the
cathode end. I also tried the survey meter on the induction coil itself with
no bulb attached. Making a inch and a half spark between the electrodes, I
buried the needle on the X1 scale. On X10 I got a steady 50 mR/Hr reading.
When the coil is powering the Crookes tube or fluorescent, it does **NOT** spark.
The readings drop with distance too.*

PBT