[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Ebay seller amazing1-nh [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

On 12/03/2014 01:50 PM, John Cooper wrote:
> How many shuntz did u remove?  I thought bout baking my 30ma how much
> more can squeeze out and would it still be as dependable?

IIRC I took out about half of the shunts to get 120mA out of my 60mA
units.  At that time, I remember reading another poster (I want to say
DC Cox) stating that he would go up to triple the current output for
short runs.

The thing to remember is that the transformers were designed to run at
the nameplate current 24/7, in a variety of environments (including a
hot summer day in Las Vegas).  For TC use, runtimes are generally
limited to a minute or two, so the extra heat doesn't have time to build
up and cook it.

Of course, a 15/120 is going to be pulling about 15A from a 120V outlet,
and a 15/160 is going to be pulling 20A, so there really isn't that much
farther you can go without popping breakers.

Jon