Re: [TCML] Potential transformers and generators

Jay,

You can series the Pts.  What are they rated at?

You still need a ballast. The Pts will try to draw unlimited current, until they exceed the capacity of your generator. If you are lucky, the generator output breaker will below before the generator is trashed. The generator is not a current limited supply. The 5.5 KVA rating only indicates what it can supply safely, for an extended period.

I would not use a modern generator to drive a TC. It is likely to have sensitive electronic regulator and control circuitry on it which will not do well in a TC environment. Perhaps a WWII vintage copper and iron monster might do OK, but not a modern device.

Dave