Re: [TCML] Potential transformers and generators

Not a good idea. This is how Tesla took down the Colorado Springs power plant. Running a generator into what looks like a dead short to it will most likely result in a new generator/engine set, but you might get lucky for a few minutes.

Matt D.

-----Original Message-----
From: jhowson4 <jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Jul 29, 2013 1:53 pm
Subject: [TCML] Potential transformers and generators

Hello all,

First off, If I have a matched pair of potential transformers.  Can I series
them up provides the phases are properly matched? Im confident the answer is
yes, but just checking.

Secondly  we have a hefty generator, 5.5 Kva I think.  It's rather new, and I
don't want to kill it.  What's everyones opinion on using it to drive a coil?
Since it is only 5.5 Kva will it limit it self to the max current. And would a
ballast for my pts still necessary.
My inclination says, no and yes. But it would be convienient if I didn't need a
ballast, so im asking.

Cheers
John "Jay" Howson IV

Sent from a tiny phone with a tiny keyboard.