Re: [TCML] Pole Pig Question

The question that needs to be asked is whether or not you have any desire to enter the realm of solid state DRSSTC type Tesla Coils?
If that is the case, then I would think investing in expensive high power pole transformers *would* be a waste of money as once the DRSSTC bug hits, there is no
going back to conventional spark gap coils utilizing pole transformers.

If you plan on doing nothing but conventional spark gap coils, then a pole transformer (esp. a larger one) would be beneficial, but if this is something you'll do once and then end up pursuing the DRSSTC side of things, then it may not be that beneficial.

Dan

Good information from all, thank you. And thank you David for that 'extra' bit of info from Jeremy's question, most helpful.

Most everything I see online requires local pick-up. Do most of you go and pick up your pole pigs?

I also see some larger transformers that will ship. Are 15 or 25 Kva units worth investing in? Or are they a waste of money since one cannot provide enough input power to utilize their potential?

Thanks!
Miles Mauldin