Re: [TCML] srsg to vari speed rsg

I can't see why you would need a phase shifter if you decide to go with a variable speed, as that would automatically make your coil Async, whether AC or DC. The pros for DC is that you can always fire at voltage peak regardless of your break rate. The cons of DC is it requires beefy HV diodes, huge inductive filters and a huge HV filter capacitor, all of which are not needed with an AC async system.

David Rieben

Sent from my iPhone