[TCML] Measuring "critical coupling" with an oscilloscope and signal generator?

Hello,

I read the article on coupling written by D.C. Cox in the TCBA Volume 3, Number 2 (full article available for viewing on teslauniverse). In that article, DC provides a graph to show the effects of coupling on the secondary current, as shown here:

http://teslacoils.home.comcast.net/CriticalCoupling.jpg

What I am wondering is if it is possible, using a signal generator and an oscilloscope, to actually determine the point at which critical coupling occurs.

Note: there is a page showing how to use a signal generator and an oscilloscope for other teslacoil measurements in the following link; would either of these methods work for determining the point of critical coupling? If so, what would I want to look for to investigate the effects of coupling, in an effort of achieving critical coupling?

http://www.hvtesla.com/tuning.html

Thanks for any suggestions on this,

Jon