Re: [TCML] Nothing like first light

What are you doing now for voltage doublers? I noticed in Terry's Piranha 3 circuit, he is doubling the voltage, but using the 2nd transformer for purely current. However, those MOT hv windings could also be put in series (putting the tank caps back to ground as in the Piranha 2 circuit) and could easily obtain 7 to 8kV with the 2 MOT's with about 23A input (maybe 7.5 foot sparks!). A couple more SISG boards would be needed of course.

I look forward to hearing how you pulled in audio gating of the IGBT's.

Happy New Year,
Bart

Finn Hammer wrote:
Not really.
In fact it ran like this just off the bat.
But it has some odd issues that I`l spend the next couple days figuring out. One is that the coils beat against each other, so that at certain breakrates, the output falls to almost zero, at others it goes high. I guess I can stop this from happening with as litle as a separate deQuing diode per coil, or separate charging chokes. Or, if all odds are against me, complete separate supplies, anyway, that`s no big deal.

What I am really looking forward to, is getting the voltage doublers to work, since they will double the the bang energy, so that I can get connected even with less than 500BPS.

Nice to see that the arcs form in the shape of an arch, as I had expected, following the field, perpendicularly out of the toroids. Also, looking forward to audio modulating it. I`ve got all the stuff to do that, just plug it in, but for now, It`s off to bed coz`it`s getting late.

Now, will some of you friggin` sisg builders start to trig`em, please?
Cheers, Finn Hammer