Re: [TCML] House ground

Hey Reuben...

are you using a 15KV nst or something more in the line of a pole transformer? Using the house ground even at 12 KV can cause some "weird" experiences that can transfer to the other neighbors on the same pole transformer. I believe that a low power unit such as a NST can cause some problems but when using Distribution transformers( pole pigs) the problem multiplies exponentially due to power used. Spend the 20-40$ and get a ground rod and at least the length of wire ( 12 ga.) to ground your system instead of using the house ground( which is basically the neutral wire on most systems, which can bleed over to the neighbors systems and sensitve electronics causing problems)

Even tho my system is double rod grounded for RF, it still causes glitches to appear in my house ( such as malfunctioning oven due to the computer in it and touch sensiteve lamps turning on and off at random... I always unplug the computer before running the BIGPIG for safety reasons) RF energy is some strange stuff at the wide spectrum we transmit it at... it can energize a multitude of items ( flourescent lites, other secondary coils, stray cats, and on a rare occasion, the herd of frogs in the pond not too far away)

better safe then sorry

enjoy your coiling responsibly

SD

Reuben Marcus wrote:

Hello, everyone

I am wondering if my 15kv transformer driven tesla coil will be okay if it is attached to my house ground because I can't afford to have a power surge and/or fire.

Cheers,
Reuben Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry