Re: [TCML] House ground

In a message dated 5/30/08 12:56:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rmferaligator@xxxxxxx writes:

Hello,
everyone

I am wondering if my 15kv transformer driven Tesla coil  will be okay if it
is attached to my house ground because I can't afford to  have a power surge
and/or fire.

Cheers,
Reuben

Hi Ruben,

Your coil will be OK, but every SS / digital device in your home and
possibly your neighbors' will be at risk. Devices like TVs, VCRs, PCs, Alarm
systems, Garage-door openers, Calculators, etc., are especially vulnerable to HV  RF
hash going through the house wiring. Use a counterpoise if you truly can't
provide a separate RF ground. Check the archives for a full discussion of  this
technique. DO NOT use your house plumbing as a ground; this could be a  danger
to yourself and others.

Matt D.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.