Re: [TCML] I think I ruined my 6" secondary.

Hey David...

As far as long term durability... the exterior is great, boding issues with the insulation of the wire over time is the problem ( but then again maybe the form being heavy walled shipping tube and somewhat "flexible" could be part of the equasion) Never had any problem with cracking or spiderwebbing but if one tried hard enuf they could probably get it to happen with Berh 50 after it has aged in the workshop for several years....

Scot D

David Rieben wrote:

Hi Scot,

So you're saying that the Behr's 50 will eventually
deteriorate over time? I think that's the first negative
trait that I've heard mentioned about this stuff. Well, like I said, it takes a bunch thin coats of the Minwax Marine Spar Varnish to build up a shell of decent thickness but I agree with Bart Anderson that this is one of the best commonly availabe products for the secondary coil coating. My Spar Varnish coatings
have always lasted for years w/out significant dete-
rioration in my unclimate controlled shop. I had thought that the Behr 50 epoxy would be great but your comments about its lack of long term durability have got me questioning its suitability now....

David Rieben