RE: [TCML] HV wire

By "Our purposes" - realize that several very different types of wire are typically used in any given Tesla coil.

The wire that connects the main capacitor, spark gap, and primary coil carries peak currents of hundreds of Amps and is typically very heavy, and should be as short and direct as possible.  The wire between the NST, the Terry filter (if any), and the spark gap carries only low current and can be any gauge.

And then there are what the primary coil and secondary coil are wound with, and must be very heavy and not so heavy, respectively.

I assume that you're talking about between the NST, filter, and spark gap.  Yes, non-resistor spark plug wire can be used.  But HV wire is only necessary if it touches or comes close to some other conductor.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA